We are recruiting volunteers to help with the festival. Opportunities exist for a wide range of activities, from invigilation to videography, marketing and promotion or technical activities. There are currently no paid job opportunities. See below for details:
Deadline: Friday 31 May 2013 at 17:00
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Work as part of a team to prepare for and deliver a range of events including drama, music, conferences, seminars, training events and bespoke hires, and ensure the delivery of live performance and film events. You may be working alone or with others to ensure sound, film and lighting equipment is fit for purpose and available when needed
2. To liaise with staff, hirers and prospective hirers in respect of technical queries and technical specifications, and to provide a get-in and get-out service to hirers, and to secure the buildings and equipment at the end of an event or working day
3. Carry out working order checks related to sound and lighting equipment, and record any maintenance carried out and required
4. To prepare, manage and directly provide services that ensure live events happen as planned
5. To act as an additional usher for busier films or live events, to help in handing out promotional material, and on occasion to act as usher and projectionist for single manned films or live events, taking on all usher duties as required
6. To ensure the safe and effective operation of a range of services related to sound, projection and lighting, and the safe usage of all relevant equipment
7. Dealing with general enquiries, and develop and maintain good relationships with customers and colleagues
8. Be fully conversant with any Building Management Systems and Procedures, including Security, Fire and Evacuation Procedures, and Safety Procedures including First Aid
9. The postholder may be asked to carry out any other tasks appropriate to the post
For further information, please contact sataylor [at] scotborders.gov.uk (Susan Taylor), or visit www.heartofhawick.co.uk.
We welcome applications from people who wish to volunteer at the festival. Whatever your skills, they will be valued. Many different kinds of work are possible, from distributing posters, helping with set-up and invigilation of moving image installations, helping with publicity and promotion, to photographic and video documentation of events. A great opportunity to get involved in an exciting, creative and fast-growing event. Just send us an email telling us a bit about yourself and outlining your skills.